- 9th Lord's Day after the Natibity service on Next Sunday, February 23
- Pray to speak, pray to listen
Bible: Matthew 6:5-15
- And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
- But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
- But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
- Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
- After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
- Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread.
- And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
- For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
- But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.